2021 was good for some, great for some, bad for some, and worst for some of us. But still, it’s over, and you should only need to focus on what this new year has on its plate. I am not telling you to forget everything that happened with you; I am just telling you that everything that happened, everything you experienced, whether good or bad, has a meaning to it, and you should learn from all those experiences and move on.
Here I can throw in a bucket-load of optimism about this year, but that’s not how life works. We have to be realistic. So, with all the hopes and wishes you want to be true this year, make sure you are also ready for the challenges you will face and shit-storms you are going to pass. So, what can you expect from yourself to be ready for this year? I have placed some points here to make everyone’s year a good one.
- The first step for you to be better than your previous versions is to stop looking for other people’s validation. If you think anything is good or bad for you, it doesn’t necessarily have to make sense to anyone else.
- You will need to be a little more spontaneous than before. Planning and stuff won’t go along with you every time. You will have to accept the fact that no matter how much you try and plan for your future, some things will never be in your control.
- You can have peace of mind even in the toughest of your times only if you accept the situation you’re in, analyze what you can do about it and whatnot, and focus on the doubles.
- You will need to stop overthinking. Surely overthinking may help you sometimes, but it will not help you every time. Instead, it will create more damage than the problem itself.
- You will need to accept that ‘the world is not a wish-granting factory‘ and everything won’t go according to you. And negligence of this fact can be more harmful.
- Be more Patient.
- Tough times will test your kindness and humility. Make sure you are as generous during the shit-storms as you are during the good times.
- Broaden your mind by changing your perspective on the same situations. It will not help you think more effectively but also increase the level of your thought process.
So, I won’t wish you Happy New Year, but I would surely wish you a year which you would be grateful for.
Thanks for taking the time to read. Highly appreciated!